Welcome to Airsoft Forums UK
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Gearboxes

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

Nutster

Nutster

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1117 posts

• Guns: Primary - ICS L119A1
    Secondary - TM P226
    - KWA G19

• Loadouts: Paraclete SOHPC/belt kit
    Crye UKSF ubacs
    Crye UKSF trousers
    Oakley boots
    Mechanix gloves

• Sites: MAW Melton Mowbray
Just a warning for you so that you don't go and do what I did, which was to take the gearbox apart without knowing what you are doing.

Post any useful links for how to correctly disassemble your gearboxes.

Nutster

How do we get dev to appear, Rub a magic lamp ? :P

20362248004a9c0a9ee9e46.gif

https://instagram.com/hazeldine/

Matt!

Matt!

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1290 posts

• Guns: L119A1

• Loadouts: DDPM, DPM, OD, TAN
Notes

Google.com the gun you are going to disassemble

www.Youtube.com search your gun there for tips.

Mechbox.com some useful videos there.

On a final note : Take pictures regularly as you may forget when you put it all back together and also keep ALL screws safe and peices safe turst me they can be a annoying to replace, maybe on a magnet?

Posted Image

New To Airsoft? | Transporting RIF's?

{C}
QUOTE (Devastator)
Welcome to the forums :)

Dalno

Dalno

AF-UK Newbie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts
Check www.mechbox.com, watch the tutorial videos.. as for keeping screws safe, make a paper cut-out of the gearbox or gun and put the screws through the paper at the corresponding location. Will keep things neat and tidy.

Trooper1975

Trooper1975

AF-UK Newbie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
If you are just starting out, then take the gearbox apart in a large clear bag. This way if you find things popping out at you, you won't loose them in a hurry. There are many videos on the net of how to take a gearbox apart, but if you have trouble, PM me here, andi'll help by making a video on how to do this for you.

Rolo Rolo

Rolo Rolo

AF-UK Starter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 35 posts

• Guns: ICS M41A (ICS-42)
    Umarex Beretta 90 two

• Loadouts: Liner Jacket DPM MVP
    German Army trousers

• Sites: The Grange

Check www.mechbox.com, watch the tutorial videos.. as for keeping screws safe, make a paper cut-out of the gearbox or gun and put the screws through the paper at the corresponding location. Will keep things neat and tidy.

That paper trick is SUCH a good idea! I normally bung my bits in a little box, but I like your way better. :)

Photographing everything is a really good idea. As might videoing be. I photographed my spring swap, but at the critical time I found I ran out of hands when changing my spring. Next time I'll video the process.

As it's a split gearbox the spring swap was easy, I'm leaving the lower gearbox just as it is until I need to mess with it.
Not that I'm chicken or anything, I could strip it down and reassemble it, easy! :rolleyes:

Okay, maybe not just yet! :P

adazrambo

adazrambo

AF-UK Starter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 56 posts

• Sites: The Armoury, First & Only.

Don't do what I did the other day. Crack open the side of the gearbox and spring popped out blowing everything out of the gearbox, lesson truly learnt. 

Lozart

Lozart

AF-UK Addict

• Supporters
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3749 posts

• Guns: Custom M4
    CA MP5K
    G&G SCAR-L CQC
    TM HK45
    A&K M249 Para
    M14 EBR Mod1
    Specna Arms MK18

• Sites: The Mall, Reading
    Ironsight, Andover

Don't do what I did the other day. Crack open the side of the gearbox and spring popped out blowing everything out of the gearbox, lesson truly learnt. 

Small screwdriver up the back end of the spring guide. And more hands than average...

Sitting Duck

Sitting Duck

AF-UK Addict

• Supporters
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3531 posts

• Guns: WAY TOO MANY
    (i need serious help)

• Loadouts: Camping with lots of ammo/mags

• Sites: Tactical Warfare London/Surrey

Yup - never done that before - I do tell great big lies though#

even when you are ready & prepared - so you think...

it still explodes on ya first time or two - open box in carrier bag

(helps to prevent you searching hands n knees for that tiny spring later)

tumblr_n9qk0cQbbv1r60h6bo3_250.gif

Jive-ass dude don't got no brains anyhow

New players - please - pretty please read the guides first in New Players Section

An absolute must read is this one:

http://www.airsoft-f...a-tight-budget/

&

http://www.airsoft-f...se/#entry232449

plus a search is less keystrokes that creating same ol' new posts again & again - what to buy etc....

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users