Welcome to Airsoft Forums UK
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Chargers?

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

Callum Lol

Callum Lol

AF-UK Starter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 71 posts

• Guns: Classic Army M15A4, KWA Glock 17.

• Loadouts: ACU.
I know most chargers have a voltage limit, but does anyone know what happens if you use a too low voltage charger? (e.g a 9.6v battery on a 7.2v charger)
I assume it just damages your battery, but does anyone know the proper answer? :)

Devastator

Devastator

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4298 posts
Well I don't really know but I don't see why you'd bother if you knew it didn't meet requirements (you'd have to have a really crap charger for it not to, I mean nearly all are 12v based from what I know which means charging up to 10 cells is no problem).

From what I can figure you're more likely to just blow the charger than the battery but I really don't know. You can pick up smart chargers so cheap these days which have no problem with different voltages I just can't see someone doing this :lol:

Callum Lol

Callum Lol

AF-UK Starter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 71 posts

Haha, and yeah i wasn't asking as if i'm going to, i just thought this to myself and decided to post. :)

Devastator

Devastator

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4298 posts
The biggest mistake people make with chargers is charging over 1C, i.e sticking your 1500mah battery on a charge rate of 1.6A or higher, with LiPo's especially this can mean a nasty fire.

Callum Lol

Callum Lol

AF-UK Starter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 71 posts

Haha, yeah my mate did that he completly forgot he left his battery on charge and left it for like 23 hours and it was completly dead after XD
Although it was a s***ty battery to start with. Lol. :)

Matt!

Matt!

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1290 posts

• Guns: L119A1

• Loadouts: DDPM, DPM, OD, TAN
someone hooked there charger up to a car battery and left it on too long, just sat there sizzling and bubbling :P

Posted Image

New To Airsoft? | Transporting RIF's?

{C}
QUOTE (Devastator)
Welcome to the forums :)

Callum Lol

Callum Lol

AF-UK Starter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 71 posts

someone hooked there charger up to a car battery and left it on too long, just sat there sizzling and bubbling :P

Haha, nice :')

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users