Welcome to Airsoft Forums UK
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

MP5 Question

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

get_to_the_choppa

get_to_the_choppa

AF-UK Newbie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts

• Guns: JG MP5 Navy
Hi all,

Can anyone give me a bit of advice?

I've got the JG MP5 Navy. But I want to mod it to bring it back to the "classic" look MP5, i.e, lose the tactical foregrip at the front that houses the battery.

I found this front grip on ebay ---> ebay

Does anyone have a rough idea as to whether or not this would be able to house the battery and if it would fit easy enough?

Sorry!bit of a noobish question!
"What's the matter Dillon? CIA got you pushing too many pencils?"

Devastator

Devastator

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4298 posts
It's possible. It will be a tight squeeze with the battery etc, but it can be done. You will have to snap/pull a few pieces of plastic off from what I remember but it won't stop you from being able to revert to how it was originally if thats what you wanted. You can get a brand new handguard off zero one if that interests you:

http://www.zerooneai...24adb161d9a04c6

get_to_the_choppa

get_to_the_choppa

AF-UK Newbie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts

Cheers Dev,

As long as it's do-able! It's just when I saw it going cheap I thought I'd better check whether it was really a bargain for me or not. In time I'm thinking classic front grip with a solid stock. Mind you... I suppose with a solid stock I could house the battry in there with a bit of rewiring? I'll keep you up to date with how I get on!

Rock-climby-Dave

Rock-climby-Dave

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2373 posts
aye, a mate has a back-wired MP5, with a HUGE battery in it (8.4v 4300mah) the front wired ones can take an 8.4V 1200mah, which is a fine size for a battery.
also, sticking a large battery into the JG MP5 stock WILL make it rear-heavy, few metal parts at the front to equal it out :(

Send the doctors home, I'll be doing the operating around here.

Resident Patrol Base Techy, any questions about PB, message me and I'll do my best to answer.

get_to_the_choppa

get_to_the_choppa

AF-UK Newbie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts

Stupid question. But how much difference does it make having a bigger battery?

Devastator

Devastator

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4298 posts
It means you it will last a lot longer and you can be far more trigger happy, if you have the BB's that is. It will also give you a slight rise in ROF, but not much at all.

get_to_the_choppa

get_to_the_choppa

AF-UK Newbie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts

I think I'll invest in more battery power when I eventually get the solid stock then! Cheers for the help guys!

JerseyRider

JerseyRider

AF-UK Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1290 posts

• Guns: JG M4 S-system
    JG M4 CQB
    CYMA Glock 18C

• Loadouts: British DPM's
    Warrior R.I.C.A.S Compact (OD)
Just to make it clear

Bigger MaH: Longer play time :)

Bigger Voltage: Higher RoF

It dont matter about the phiysicl size of the batt you have have a large 8.4V 1200 MaH batt and a Mini 8.4V MaH 1200 Batt that will do the same job

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users