Welcome to Airsoft Forums UK
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Feed Problems :\

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

L0RD_L0KI

L0RD_L0KI

AF-UK Newbie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
Hi there,

I recently bought a Palco FP8 AEG airsoft rifle and it has some feeding issues, anybody shed some light? For anybody unfamiliar with this gun its the plastic gearbox version of Both Elephants XM8 AEG.
I know these guns are low end but some friends wanted to get into airsoft over the summer. We skirmish regularly on private land and this was the best gun for their budget, the gearbox seems to work fine but the gun fires inconsistantly. Spitting out bbs in random bursts, some lacking in power and accuracy. I think they are possibly getting obstructed or not feeding correctly from the magazine. HOWEVER the guns fire pretty consistantly if you wind the high cap mag wheel at the same time as you are shooting. Anybody know how to fix this?

Many thanks :)

JerseyRider

JerseyRider

AF-UK Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1290 posts

• Guns: JG M4 S-system
    JG M4 CQB
    CYMA Glock 18C

• Loadouts: British DPM's
    Warrior R.I.C.A.S Compact (OD)
Hop Up maybe done up to far?

geoffreym

geoffreym

AF-UK Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 885 posts

• Guns: Star L1A1, M16 MRF Stryker, 2 TM MEU's, G&P pulse rifle, KWA MP7, KJW X-5, Ares Tavor,

• Loadouts: DPM, assault vest, webbing. pattern 56 gear (falklands). congo mercenary.

• Sites: Cool under Fire, Apocalypse
i had something similar wrong with my old AGM M14, i just left it on single shot in which it fed quite reliably, somebody mentioned something about the piston not coming all the way back. i never got i fixed, but this might help

352a9bbb-46e1-428e-9bba-d051fc3d1c54_zps

L0RD_L0KI

L0RD_L0KI

AF-UK Newbie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Hop Up maybe done up to far?

If so, how would I fix this? Ive adjusted the hop up extensively and it doesnt seem to make a difference. Is there something I would have to fix in the gun internals?

Thanks

JerseyRider

JerseyRider

AF-UK Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1290 posts

• Guns: JG M4 S-system
    JG M4 CQB
    CYMA Glock 18C

• Loadouts: British DPM's
    Warrior R.I.C.A.S Compact (OD)
MMM make make of mags are you useing?

Devastator

Devastator

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4298 posts
How secure is the mag when it's in (does it wobble)? It may more likely be that when you are winding it you are adding upwards pressure to the mag resulting in a better feed.

L0RD_L0KI

L0RD_L0KI

AF-UK Newbie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

MMM make make of mags are you useing?

The Mags are the standard BE/Firepower-Palco 400 round Hi Caps that came with the gun

L0RD_L0KI

L0RD_L0KI

AF-UK Newbie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

How secure is the mag when it's in (does it wobble)? It may more likely be that when you are winding it you are adding upwards pressure to the mag resulting in a better feed.

No its locked in tight and fully wound :\ It only starts to shoot conistantly if you hold full auto and wind the magazine.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users