Welcome to Airsoft Forums UK
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

M203 Ukara question

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

Hog Tied

Hog Tied

AF-UK Newbie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

• Guns: ICS M4A1,

Section Ones, Enfield .303, Ruger 10/22, .36 and .44 mlrs and saving for a .308 L96 AW

• Loadouts: Brit DPM all the way mainly cause I never got asked to return my issued kit
I was wondering if any of you would know if a M203 underslung grenade launcher is classed as a RIF or as just an attachment? I think I read somewhere that if its fitted to a pistol frame then its a RIF but other than that i'm not sure.
Growing old in mandatory but growing up is optional.

Devastator

Devastator

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4298 posts
As far as I can remember you don't need a defence :)

Rock-climby-Dave

Rock-climby-Dave

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2373 posts
an underslung launcher is an accessory, and as such, does not require a defence. (other than a load of body armour for whoever is on the recieving end :D)

if it is a standalone launcher, like that snazzy 6 barrel revolving one, or, as you say, one on a frame, then THAT requires UKARA.

Send the doctors home, I'll be doing the operating around here.

Resident Patrol Base Techy, any questions about PB, message me and I'll do my best to answer.

Hog Tied

Hog Tied

AF-UK Newbie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

• Guns: ICS M4A1,

Section Ones, Enfield .303, Ruger 10/22, .36 and .44 mlrs and saving for a .308 L96 AW

• Loadouts: Brit DPM all the way mainly cause I never got asked to return my issued kit
I was tempted with one of those 6 shotters but i'd get pigged off keep loading the shells!,

The reason I asked is because I ordered the D-boys 3 in 1 launcher from ehobbyasia and they said they need my ukara number before they ship it unless I want to risk it with customs and possibly have it ceased, i'm just waiting to get chance to take my form in and get it registered and was hoping to have it delivered to my friends army surplus shop because there would always be someone it to recive it and the wife wouldn't know about it.
Growing old in mandatory but growing up is optional.

JerseyRider

JerseyRider

AF-UK Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1290 posts

• Guns: JG M4 S-system
    JG M4 CQB
    CYMA Glock 18C

• Loadouts: British DPM's
    Warrior R.I.C.A.S Compact (OD)
MMM i would think its a RiF becuase:

1. It fires something

2. Its made to look like the real thing

3. If you pointed that at someone who dosent know its a airsoft attachment they could think its real

Not meaning to undermind anyone but thats is what i think

Thanks

Jack

Devastator

Devastator

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4298 posts
Points you had are true, point is that you can buy without a defence. Also if you tried to hold up a bank with one I doubt it'd go too well, think of it like that :D

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users