Welcome to Airsoft Forums UK
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Gun advice?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

robrffr

robrffr

AF-UK Newbie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

• Guns: None yet.

• Loadouts: British DPM
Right so, if i get into this airsoft lark, and I get my membership of a club or site allowing me to purchase my own, I'm mainly thinking of getting a SA80 model and a back-up pistol, like a browning hi-power. What's the best makes? how much? And I guess I need some more mags, how easy are they to come across?

Devastator

Devastator

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4298 posts
Pretty easy to come across the mags etc. What is your budget? For the best ones you're looking at around 300+

robrffr

robrffr

AF-UK Newbie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

• Guns: None yet.

• Loadouts: British DPM

Pretty easy to come across the mags etc. What is your budget? For the best ones you're looking at around 300+

To be honest, not sure till I have a go using a hire gun i suppose, make sure i want to pay out, otherwise 300 quid sounds ok!!

Nutster

Nutster

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1117 posts

• Guns: Primary - ICS L119A1
    Secondary - TM P226
    - KWA G19

• Loadouts: Paraclete SOHPC/belt kit
    Crye UKSF ubacs
    Crye UKSF trousers
    Oakley boots
    Mechanix gloves

• Sites: MAW Melton Mowbray
the hi power might be a little hard to come by, could always use a p226 if your going for brit issue weapons

How do we get dev to appear, Rub a magic lamp ? :P

20362248004a9c0a9ee9e46.gif

https://instagram.com/hazeldine/

abbadon101

abbadon101

AF-UK Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 246 posts

• Guns: Way to many for this box now. Not sure if thats good or bad :S

• Loadouts: 80's SAS Loadout
    Modern SAS loadout
    Ausi SASR Nam Loadout
    90's US SF Loadout

The only Hi Power I know of is made by Tanaka and is VERY expensive and, for the money, crap. Get a TM Pistol as they are great out of the box and very reliable. I recommend the Sig P226 as it is one of the best pistols around and will even work in the winter. As for the L85 I have heard alot of good things about the ICS L85A2 and they come in at about 320. My advice is to have a look at peoples guns when you go to a skirmish. If you ask nicely most will let you have a hold and maybe a shoot too. After trying a few make your decision on what you liked.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users