Welcome to Airsoft Forums UK
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Broken link and question about reducing questions..

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

Alexb111

Alexb111

AF-UK Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 137 posts

• Sites: None yet.
Hi,
Wasn't sure if I should send a PM or make a topic but I reasoned that it is feedback so here I am.
Just a few quick pointers for the mod/dev team when they find time:

The pinned topic:
"Pinned: READ FIRST
Common questions"

In General Discussion has a broken link and therefore doesn't say anything in case you want to change/delete it. (I assume change to below:)

The new topic of:

"New Player Guides & Info, Please read!"

Under "New Players & Arrivals"

Is there any way to get that to be the very first thing that shows up once you register (register so first time only).
Because while it is pinned and in new players and arrivals lots of new members just post their topic without introduction or anything so will not see it, besides it answers pretty much all the generic questions we seem to get a lot of..
Would save a lot of copy pasting links in or re-typing the same thing when people ask what's the best gun, Sniper or AEG.

Edit: I must admit we do seem to be getting better questions than half a year ago though, these days most are pretty specific.

Devastator

Devastator

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4298 posts
Every forum has this issue, but thanks for notifying me of the broken link. It should help things along a bit now that is correct.

As you say it has been getting better so I'm reluctant to add it to the registration pages for the moment. Can't help but feel it might seem a little 'pushy'.

Alexb111

Alexb111

AF-UK Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 137 posts

Yeah I agree with you on the 'pushy' but (should it come back again) it could be done well if it starts something like:

"Welcome to the forums

New to airsoft? Need advice? -> See Below
Otherwise feel free to continue to the Homepage."

I think It all depends on how its done really but yeah it isn't really bad at all at the moment..

Devastator

Devastator

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4298 posts
Feel free to bump this back up if you think it has started happening a lot over a period of time :)

Rock-climby-Dave

Rock-climby-Dave

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2372 posts
Once completing registration, I would assume it links back to the main page?
why not just change the link to the rules section

Send the doctors home, I'll be doing the operating around here.

Resident Patrol Base Techy, any questions about PB, message me and I'll do my best to answer.

Devastator

Devastator

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4298 posts
That sounds very easy, but I don't think it is that simple to change it in the system! I'll have a look none the less.

Alexb111

Alexb111

AF-UK Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 137 posts

Haha, html coding for the win?
And yeah this was only an Idea I had when I had a proper read through the new post, I also wanted to see if anyone else agreed with me or if I'm slightly mad/overreaction (very probable :P)..

TPI

TPI

AF-UK Addict

• Supporters
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2428 posts

• Loadouts: GroundBreaker

• Sites: Highland Tactical Airsoft
I said pretty much the same thing at one point earlier this year but since then it's not been anywhere near as bad (Dosen't say alot doe's it Dev!)

I'm Craig, God's Boss!
FeedBack

Devastator

Devastator

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4298 posts
HTML isn't really 'code' and it isn't as simple as that. When someone registers a lot is going on there, spam checks, adding the user to the database, etc. that doesn't mean changing the location of the next page is hard, but I have to find that code in hundreds of files and hundreds of thousands of lines of code.

It's probably not worth going to the hassle when a lot of people are likely to ignore the topic and will be fully expecting to see the index.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users