Welcome to Airsoft Forums UK
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

UKARA

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

Samuellx3

Samuellx3

AF-UK Newbie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
I know this has been answered, but i've searched and can't find anything anywhere and don't want to hijack someone elses thread. So, I'm 16 and would quite like to buy an Airsoft gun, i was originally told to buy a two-tone but i have been put of them by various stories, i have now thought about getting a RiF however i would need a UKARA registered adult to own the gun, my dad isn't interested in guns or playing airsoft for that matter is there any way he can apply for UKARA without having to play?

If anyone was interested this was the gun i was thinking about buying. Gun Does it apply as a RiF?

JerseyRider

JerseyRider

AF-UK Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1290 posts

• Guns: JG M4 S-system
    JG M4 CQB
    CYMA Glock 18C

• Loadouts: British DPM's
    Warrior R.I.C.A.S Compact (OD)
You need to play the game to be UKARA reged

And yes the HFC VSR-11 is a RiF

Samuellx3

Samuellx3

AF-UK Newbie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
Hmm i was planning on buying the gun and wrapping it in lime green flurescent tape, until i'm UKARA reg'd?

Devastator

Devastator

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4298 posts
Unfortunately that would require the retailer to trust you were going to do it.

Everyone could just say "I'll wrap lime green tape on it" and then not bother.

Some retailers offer a spray service so it would be worth checking them out, then you just need someone over 18 to purchase the weapon with their own money.

Samuellx3

Samuellx3

AF-UK Newbie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
Yeah that is right, however, i would wrap it, i cannot prove this, however i do not want to get in trouble with the police. Would it be illegal to buy a gun if the supplier is not UKARA registered or still sell it to me if i'm not? I was planning on getting a wooden stock gun so if red wolf airsoft does offer a two-tone service, (I'm not sure, however in the rules they have an agreement that they will do whatever they can to make the gun legal in my country) would the paint be easily removable when i am reg'd?

Devastator

Devastator

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4298 posts
There isn't really any getting around it. You don't want to try and break the law/look for a grey area anyways, it isn't a good idea.

Get your hands on a two tone, wait till you can become UKARA registered, or just hire at your local site.

You can still buy gear etc so that all you need when you do turn 18 and get registered is a gun.

Hope this helps :)

Samuellx3

Samuellx3

AF-UK Newbie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
Yeahh it does =]

Rock-climby-Dave

Rock-climby-Dave

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2372 posts
The best thing to do would be get a nice gun NOW...
Ask for the retailer to spray the stock and foregrip in green
once UKARA'd you can simply replace the parts and still have the same gun you are used to and have muscle memory (and tbh, if its a nice gun, feelings) for. (by which I mean, its your first gun, even if its crap, which buying a nice one would avoid, you still love it as an object)

Send the doctors home, I'll be doing the operating around here.

Resident Patrol Base Techy, any questions about PB, message me and I'll do my best to answer.

Nutster

Nutster

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1117 posts

• Guns: Primary - ICS L119A1
    Secondary - TM P226
    - KWA G19

• Loadouts: Paraclete SOHPC/belt kit
    Crye UKSF ubacs
    Crye UKSF trousers
    Oakley boots
    Mechanix gloves

• Sites: MAW Melton Mowbray
rent until your 18, then another three games in no less than 2 months, bingo, ukara qualified you can buy a rif,

tom

How do we get dev to appear, Rub a magic lamp ? :P

20362248004a9c0a9ee9e46.gif

https://instagram.com/hazeldine/

Rock-climby-Dave

Rock-climby-Dave

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2372 posts
aye, that is viable if you are close to being 18.

say it is 15 for hire for a day.
and then say that it is perfectly reasonable to go 12 times in the year

that is 12X15 which is *reaches for calculator*

and if he is 16, you can double that as its 2 years.
that gives him a nice budget of around 360 to get and upgrade the gun to his hearts content.
with that budget at his disposal, you can EASILY avoid clones and go into higher end guns.

but then we ave the problem of samuell wanting a sniper rifle. and I'm sure by now we all know the number 1 rule of airsofting for beginners..... Don't use a sniper rifle.

Resident Patrol Base Techy, any questions about PB, message me and I'll do my best to answer.

JerseyRider

JerseyRider

AF-UK Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1290 posts

JG M4 CQB
    CYMA Glock 18C

If you really want a gun just go with a lower end 2 tone they will do the job and you will still have enought money to buy a dencent RiF when you old enough

But i would agree with Nutster if i was you i would rent

You might find you get bored of the sport? :rolleyes:

ocho

ocho

AF-UK Newbie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts
I thought players are NOT UKARA registered, UKARA is UK Airsoft retailers association, if you want to be registered as a player I would suggest the Association of British Airsoft as they will register you as a player.

http://www.aoba.org.uk/

JerseyRider

JerseyRider

AF-UK Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1290 posts

JG M4 CQB
    CYMA Glock 18C

No if you look you register with UKARA but there is a couple of associations that provide a defence BUT I wouldn't trust anyone other than UKARA

Rock-climby-Dave

Rock-climby-Dave

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2372 posts
Plus the fact that when we say 'I have got UKARA registered' we mean 'I am now a registered airsoft skirmisher at a UKARA registered site'...
it just rolls off the tongue a bit better.

Havocide

Havocide

AF-UK Newbie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

• Guns: G&G M4 CQB
    Ares Tavor TAR21
    Classic Army M14 Match
    CA MP5A2
    WE1911
    MK23 Socom

• Loadouts: Multicam, Chest Rig, BFG, Tactical Knife.

No if you look you register with UKARA but there is a couple of associations that provide a defence BUT I wouldn't trust anyone other than UKARA

That is quite an interesting statement. Normally people don't trust UKARA. Why would you not trust others? Just out of interest.

Devastator

Devastator

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4298 posts
Generally how the UKARA have got things going is seen to be working and that is what people see shops supporting etc, everyone does their 3 games in no less than 2 months then registers.. I should imagine a good majority may have not even heard of AOBA f.e.x.

JerseyRider

JerseyRider

AF-UK Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1290 posts

JG M4 CQB
    CYMA Glock 18C

couldnt of said it better Dev