Welcome to Airsoft Forums UK
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Forum Feedback

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

Matt!

Matt!

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1290 posts

• Guns: L119A1

• Loadouts: DDPM, DPM, OD, TAN
Hey guys,

We have a lot of sales going on in the classifieds section i was just giving everyone a head's up to make sure people leave feedback as you can imagine we run through word-of-mouth so if you leave good feedback new members will sign up quicker and buy more or sell more great items!

Thanks guys ;)

Posted Image

New To Airsoft? | Transporting RIF's?

{C}
QUOTE (Devastator)
Welcome to the forums :)

Devastator

Devastator

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4298 posts
Also, it'd be nice if everyone who uses the forum would stick around to offer advice and just generally keep us ticking over, the more people we have helping out the better :D.. it's what we're really here for.

Matt!

Matt!

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1290 posts

Also, it'd be nice if everyone who uses the forum would stick around to offer advice and just generally keep us ticking over, the more people we have helping out the better :D.. it's what we're really here for.

well said,

i know we have a few members here who really help im sure you know who you are

thanks guys

Posted Image

{C}
QUOTE (Devastator)

reecymc

reecymc

AF-UK Starter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 45 posts

• Guns: cybergun famas, l85a2 blue, src m4a1 m203, sigarms gsr e ,src sr25

• Loadouts: british dpm' viper tac vest
well im not goin anywhere dunno if im the right person lol but im stayin

Matt!

Matt!

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1290 posts

means a lot thanks :)

Posted Image

{C}
QUOTE (Devastator)

Rock-climby-Dave

Rock-climby-Dave

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2372 posts
staying, offering advice where I can, introducing new members (Hubert and The leprechaun!) giving feedback where apropriate.

Send the doctors home, I'll be doing the operating around here.

Resident Patrol Base Techy, any questions about PB, message me and I'll do my best to answer.

Devastator

Devastator

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4298 posts
Yup cheers for all your help guys, got some good bits of news for you all soon :) Stay tuned.

JerseyRider

JerseyRider

AF-UK Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1290 posts

• Guns: JG M4 S-system
    JG M4 CQB
    CYMA Glock 18C

• Loadouts: British DPM's
    Warrior R.I.C.A.S Compact (OD)
I know for a fact I ant going anywhere this forum is probably one of the best I have come across (and I have been a part of a few even owned a couple myself) itís so laid back no one is looking for fights the staff are efficient and helpful (I ant just saying this becuase I am a mod :D)

It is a shame that members just use us for the selling opportunities then move on, I feel used.... -_- lol

I donít know if it would be counterproductive but maybe you could put a restriction on the classified section where you need a certain amount of posts to be able to create a topic in that section

That would stop people coming and going but I guess there would be more replies like "lol" or "yer" one word replies just the get the posts up

Oh well itís just a thought :)

Matt!

Matt!

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1290 posts

its something we have thought about restricting post count, but from experience from other forums like you said people just spam then post or dont even post at all and tbh we want the sales that means there more is stuff for you to buy! :)

Posted Image

{C}
QUOTE (Devastator)

Devastator

Devastator

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4298 posts

its something we have thought about restricting post count, but from experience from other forums like you said people just spam then post or dont even post at all and tbh we want the sales that means there more is stuff for you to buy! :)

Yes, we have spoke about it before and come to this conclusion - as much as I'd like to do it many people will just post 1 word answers or make pretty much useless topics. We could then introduce minimum words for a post but then it could get annoying for those of us who do regularly use the forum and where a few words is a sufficient answer.

We just have to hope people appreciate what we're doing and visit the other parts of the forum too.

But like I said we've got something coming down the line which hopefully will boost us a bit :)

Rock-climby-Dave

Rock-climby-Dave

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2372 posts
what about a time limit for people being able to sell things? like a few days or something.
members who DO use the forums productivly would be fine and unaffected and people who come one, post a topic in the wrong place and then only sell and leave can't do that anymore.

Resident Patrol Base Techy, any questions about PB, message me and I'll do my best to answer.

Matt!

Matt!

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1290 posts

what about a time limit for people being able to sell things? like a few days or something.
members who DO use the forums productivly would be fine and unaffected and people who come one, post a topic in the wrong place and then only sell and leave can't do that anymore.

what about if they were selling multiple guns and gear? im not entirely sure if we would be able to add a time limit as well?

keep posting your ideas we do take things on board ;)

Posted Image

{C}
QUOTE (Devastator)

reecymc

reecymc

AF-UK Starter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 45 posts

• Guns: cybergun famas, l85a2 blue, src m4a1 m203, sigarms gsr e ,src sr25

• Loadouts: british dpm' viper tac vest
i thinks the time thing is good but a few days is too short like i could join forget for 2 days or 5 lol come backe and walla i can do anythin i want so id say like a full member registering proccess like 10 post list your camo list your guns recieve a private message or something and also be a member for atleast a week hope this is good

Rock-climby-Dave

Rock-climby-Dave

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2372 posts
its good, but not neceessarily a coherent sentance ;)

JerseyRider

JerseyRider

AF-UK Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1290 posts

JG M4 CQB
    CYMA Glock 18C

But you got to think some of these things you are saying can not be done like recive a PM wel thats all well and good but how can you tell the system when this user recives a PM they can post on this section??

Now i have done a bit of website work before and you carnt do that kind of stuff (that i have come across) short off changing the CSS code which will require some know-how

And the time thing will REALY put people off do you realy think a member will wait a week for somehtin thay can sell on a differnt site?

And like Top-Dog said it might not even be possible and certainly not worth it

The only thing that can be easily implemented is the post rank system but then again you wil just get spammers and this means 90% of the mods time will be takeing up by deleteing one word replys

TBH i think it ant worth all the trouble

I would just stay the way we are now, yes poeple come and go but the ones that we really want on the site are the ones that stay :)

Matt!

Matt!

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1290 posts

I've decided to add a 1 post restriction on using the PM system, should stop this happening hopefully.

Will also mean people will hopefully say hello before using the classifieds section and not contributing.

:)

Posted Image

{C}
QUOTE (Devastator)

G-Force

G-Force

AF-UK Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1338 posts
I really like the forum so I got a few friends to join! :)
Saxon Airsoft's Youtube Channel:
http://www.youtube.c...ft?feature=mhee

Devastator

Devastator

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4298 posts
Nice one :) More members the better :D

JerseyRider

JerseyRider

AF-UK Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1290 posts

JG M4 CQB
    CYMA Glock 18C

I dont think the one post limit work Dev i saw someone today posting for the first time in the classified section

Devastator

Devastator

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4298 posts
No it's simply a 1 post limit on using the PM system to stop the PM spammers. However a one post block on classifieds is also worth thinking about.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users