Welcome to Airsoft Forums UK
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

warning message via PM?

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

Neilski

Neilski

AF-UK Newbie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

• Guns: None Yet But Working On It!
can a member of the moderator team please confirm the private message i have been sent? is this for real?

Welcome to your messenger
Take measures immediately!
Personal Message
Deleted Member Take measures immediately!, Mar 16 2010, 12:15 AM

Guests

Dear, Neilski!

A virus alert was noticed on your computer.
We highly recommend you to check your computer and perform online virus check at our site immediately:
If you do not pass this test we will have to delete your account and forward a complaint to your ISP with attached log file (your IP address, etc.).
----------------------------------------------------
Forum Administration www.airsoft-forums.co.uk

JerseyRider

JerseyRider

AF-UK Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1290 posts

• Guns: JG M4 S-system
    JG M4 CQB
    CYMA Glock 18C

• Loadouts: British DPM's
    Warrior R.I.C.A.S Compact (OD)
No this is not a real PM from the staff

Give us this guys user name and we will deal with him but please dont click this link it may be a virus

Thanks

Jack

Neilski

Neilski

AF-UK Newbie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

• Guns: None Yet But Working On It!
Hi Jack,

the user name juts comes up as deleted user but on my email the user name was "michaeltracy"

to be on the safe side i have removed the link i also posted up and i will delete the PM too.

Hopes this serves as a warning to everyone else!

thanks for replying

Neil

Devastator

Devastator

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4298 posts
You should have received an email from the board telling you to delete this as it isn't genuine. The only reason you wouldn't have got that email is if you checked the box not to be contacted when you signed up.

If the user isn't part of the Administrator or Moderator group and they are saying something like that it is spam.

Thanks

King Louie

King Louie

AF-UK Newbie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

• Guns: Jing Gong M4 RIS
    KSC Glock 17c

• Loadouts: US Army Delta (Desert & OD)
    US Army Marpat
    UK DPM

You should have received an email from the board telling you to delete this as it isn't genuine. The only reason you wouldn't have got that email is if you checked the box not to be contacted when you signed up.

If the user isn't part of the Administrator or Moderator group and they are saying something like that it is spam.

Thanks

Heres what I tried to send back but the inbox was full :(

Thank you for imforming me of meat related items leaving my computer at an alarming rate.

Unfortionately, due to a recent and unforseable accident involving a swan and a tube of smarties I am unable to process your request at this time.

However I will endevour to stop my computer releasing spam out into the world, I was force fead it as a small boy so I am very aware of the pain and suffering it can cause.

Thanks Again,

Louie

jmusa

jmusa

AF-UK Newbie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts

• Guns: ca m15a4 tac carbine sportline
    hfc g17 gbb
    cyma g18c

• Loadouts: dpm
the user nasme thaty sent mine
was
joshuaanave
and no thats not a typo
also what ever you do fo not click the link
i just spoke to my mate and it fubared his pc big time

Devastator

Devastator

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4298 posts
The latest one says this...

Dear, ......!

Spam sending from your computer was detected.
We highly recommend you to check your computer and perform online virus check at our site immediately: removed obviously..
If you do not pass this test we will have to delete your account and forward a complaint to your ISP with attached log file (your IP address, etc.).

----------------------------------------------------
Forum Administration www.airsoft-forums.co.uk
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please ignore it, it is clearly fake since the user does not belong to the admin group. We are doing our best to cut these out, you will never receive a PM like this from us so please delete it!

Devastator

Devastator

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4298 posts
I've decided to add a 1 post restriction on using the PM system, should stop this happening hopefully.

Will also mean people will hopefully say hello before using the classifieds section and not contributing.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users